Teaching middle school science can be hard. The projects, the lab prep, classroom management, explicit instruction of core concepts and differentiation. On top of that, making sure you keep a room full of middle schoolers engaged. It’s a lot, I know. Trust me, I’m right there with you in my own classroom every day.
I have always had a passion for creating resources and helping fellow teachers. This is why I created Secondary Sparks.. My goal is to help teachers create a fun, challenging, learning environment within their classrooms that meet a variety of students’ needs without sacrificing a bunch of time.
I want to help you make lesson planning easier so you can focus on what you love: teaching.
Especially on those days where I come into school after a long break thinking “what in the world am I doing today?” Most of the resources I create include minimum to no prep that way you can do what you love in the classroom; teach. Nobody wants to stay later than they need to or wake up really in the morning to prepare a ton of activities. I don’t want that for anyone! My resources provide opportunities for differentiated instruction, hands-on activities, student choice, engagement and ways to keep students organized.
Aside from teaching and creating resources, I enjoy strength training, random trips to Target, scary movies and spending time with my family. I married my husband Matt in 2017 and we have two amazing kids, Jordan and Kathryn.
1. I’m only 5’1 and often get confused as one of the students because most of them are taller than me…even the 6th graders!
2. Even though I teach marine science and love the ocean, I get terribly seasick on boats.
3. I’m a Dunkin girl, not a Starbucks girl.
4. Mac and cheese is my favorite food and I have no shame in admitting it.
5. I have lived in Florida my entire life and I have never seen snow. Although I would never want to live in a place where it does snow, I would love to see it one day!