Need to introduce or review coral reefs for your marine science, oceanography or marine biology class but don’t have enough time to teach a full lesson? This resource contains a quick, interactive PowerPoint lesson and visual guided notes to review the key information related to coral reef building, ecology and human impact.
It is editable to meet the needs of your students and there is a colorful Google Slides version of both the PowerPoint lesson and guided notes to use digitally!
Included in this resource:
- Editable Quick PowerPoint Lesson
- Editable guided notes with 2 versions for differentiation
- Cover for interactive science notebooks
- Google Slides version of PowerPoint lesson and guided notes for online learners
- An editable assessment containing 25 questions with a mix of vocabulary matching, short answer and multiple choice questions. An answer key is included. Everything is editable except for the title and any included clip art.
- A self-grading Google Forms version of the assessment. The link is in the resource. The google Forms assessment has the same questions but they are all multiple choice.
⭐ What are coral reefs?
⭐ What are the ideal conditions for coral reef growth?
⭐ What helps coral reefs grow?
⭐ What are the types of reefs (barrier, fringing, atoll)?
⭐ Soft corals vs hard corals
⭐ Where can coral reefs be found?
⭐ The diversity of coral reef ecosystems
⭐ Human Impact on coral reefs
⭐ Coral diseases (bleaching, black band disease, white band disease)
⭐ Coral reefs in the economy
***Text is editable but clip art and text with special fonts are not editable due to copyright of those resources.***