Perfect for a middle school or high school class introducing or reviewing crustaceans. This includes Decapods, Copepods and barnacles. This would be an excellent resource in a marine science, marine biology or oceanography class. This mini bundle contains a PowerPoint lesson, Guided Notes, assessment, self-grading task cards and warm ups/exit tickets.
⭐ What are Arthropods?
⭐ What are Crustaceans?
⭐ Attributes of Crustaceans
⭐ How do Crustaceans feed, reproduce and use senses?
⭐ What are barnacles?
⭐ What are Copepods?
⭐ What are Decapods?
What is included?
1. Quick Lesson, Guided Notes and Assessment
Need to introduce or review class Crustacea for your marine science, oceanography or marine biology class but don’t have enough time to teach a full lesson? This resource contains a quick, interactive PowerPoint lesson and visual guided notes to review the key information related to Crustaceans as well as classes Copepoda, Decapoda and Cirripedia.
It is editable to meet the needs of your students and there is a colorful Google Slides version of both the PowerPoint lesson and guided notes to use digitally!
Included in this resource:
- Editable Quick PowerPoint Lesson
- Editable guided notes with 2 versions for differentiation
- Cover for interactive science notebooks
- Google Slides version of PowerPoint lesson and guided notes for online learners
- An editable assessment containing 25 questions with a mix of vocabulary matching, short answer and multiple choice questions. An answer key is included. Everything is editable except for the title and any included clip art.
- A self-grading Google Forms version of the assessment. The link is in the resource. The google Forms assessment has the same questions but they are all multiple choice.
2. Self-Grading/Editable Task Cards
These 24 crustaceans editable task cards can be used in a classroom or digitally for online learning through Google Forms with no prep. They are even self-grading! Perfect for an Oceanography, Marine Science or Marine Biology class. They can be easily printed, cut and laminated for use in the classroom with a ready-to-print student answer sheet.
Review vocabulary and key concepts related to decapods, copepods and barnacles. The link for Google Forms is available in the resource. An answer key is included in the resource and in Google Forms.
Task cards can be printed 1 per page or 4 per page. The answer sheet can be printed 1 per page or 2 per page to save paper. I typically print 2 per page so they’re perfect for gluing into interactive notebooks.
*Please note that the text is editable in each task card but the titles and clip art are not editable.
3. Warm Ups/Exit Tickets
2 weeks of editable warm up slides about crustaceans that could also be used as exit tickets! Digital or print versions are perfect for a marine arthropods (decapods, copepods and barnacles) unit in your marine biology, marine science or oceanography classroom with no prep! Use these as bellringers to get your students ready for the day or end the class with a ticket out the door. Google Slides versions are also included for online learning!
Each question is in short or long response format so students explain the topic and show their understanding.
There are 3 ways to use these editable warm ups/exit tickets:
1. Use them with slides as students fill out the answers on their own personal answer sheet.
2. Use the answer sheets with the questions on them without the slides. I personally have my students hole punch them each week to add into a pronged folder or binder to use as a study tool. You can even print them at 90% so students can glue them into their interactive science notebooks!
3. Use them for online learning or digitally with the Google Slides version. This is also perfect for digital interactive student notebooks.
A PowerPoint version is included for editing and a PDF version is included for easy printing.
*The questions are editable but the fonts and clip art are not due to copyright.*
Included in this resource:
✅ 2 weeks of warm ups/exit tickets (10 total).
✅ 3 editable templates to fit the needs of you and your students
✅ PowerPoint Slides with the questions to project for your students
✅ Answer key