Do you need differentiated Periodic Table stations activities for your Matter unit? Perfect for a middle school physical science class studying properties of matter, this resource will help you reach and assess your students in a multitude of ways. This resource includes 7 stations with minimal prep involved. There is a printable version, editable PowerPoint version and a Digital Google Slides™ version that will help you save on time and paper!
The 7 types of periodic table stations include:
1. Discover – Students will learn about how the elements can be found in their food.
2. Observe – Students will recreate Bohr models using pipe cleaners and beads to represent electron energy levels.
3. Experiment – Students will use the PhET “Build an Atom” simulation to learn about how atoms and elements are related.
4. Write – Students will explain their answers in 2-3 sentences.
5. Create – Students will create a trading card for an element of their choice.
6. Sort – Students will organize and sort to match atomic numbers and atomic masses using a periodic table.
7. Quiz – Students will answer a mix of 8 true/false, multiple choice and short answer questions.
*Each station should take students between 8-10 minutes to complete.*
This resource includes:
- Digital Google Slides™ link to perform stations online.
- Printable version of stations in color and black/white
- Editable PowerPoint version of stations.
⭐Elements in food
⭐Identifying elements in compounds
*Please note that the instructions for stations are editable but clip art, special fonts and formatting are not.*