Do you need differentiated energy transformations stations and Law of Conservation of Energy activities for your Energy unit? Perfect for a middle school physical science class studying potential and kinetic energy. This resource will help you reach and assess your students in a multitude of ways. This resource includes 7 stations with minimal prep involved. There is a printable version, editable PowerPoint version and a Digital Google Slides™ version that will help you save on time and paper!
The 7 types of energy transformations stations include:
1. Discover – Students will research real-world application of energy transformations in wind turbines, hydroelectric dams and solar panels.
2. Observe – Students will use a PhET simulations to observe various energy transformations.
3. Experiment – Students will perform 3 mini experiments to observe changes in potential and kinetic energy.
4. Write – Students will explain their answers in 2-3 sentences.
5. Create – Students will create 2 drawings of energy transformations they experience every day and explain them.
6. Sort – Students will sort scenarios to match the appropriate energy transformation that occurs.
7. Quiz – Students will answer a mix of 8 true/false, multiple choice and short answer questions.
*Each station should take students between 8-10 minutes to complete.*
The RESOURCE includes:
- Digital Google Slides™ link to perform stations online.
- Printable version of stations in color and black/white
- Editable PowerPoint version of stations.
⭐Types of Potential Energy
⭐Types of Kinetic Energy
⭐Law of Conservation of Energy
*Please note that the instructions for stations are editable but clip art, special fonts and formatting are not.*
Check out these Thermal Energy and Heat Stations if you’re looking for stations for your matter unit!
Want to learn how to better pace your physical science course? Check out the free physical science pacing guide here.